It was on the plot of land that formerly housed the Gerhard Hanappi Stadium that Rapid's new home, the Allianz Stadion, rose. The grand opening took place on Saturday 16 July 2016, with Rapid defeating Chelsea 2:0 in the first match played at the ground.
Name: Allianz Stadion
Address: Gerhard-Hanappi-Platz 1, 1140 Vienna
Capacity: 24.000 Seated / 28.600 including safe standing
Pre-sale tickets: Available as always either Online or from the Fancorner in Hütteldorf, as well as the Fanshop in the Stadium Centre (Bundesliga tickets only).
Travelling to the stadium: public transport, bicycle and UBER
- With the underground line U4 (U4 - direction Hütteldorf)
- The S-Bahn and regional trains provided by the ÖBB and WESTBahn bring match goers to Hütteldorf railway station (Bahnhof), as do numerous buses.
- Additionally, visitors can use Trams 49 & 52 which bring supporters direct to the Allianz Stadium. Disembark at Deutschordernstraße located behind the North Stand.
- Whilst we recommend visitors to the stadium use public transport, motorists can park their cars at the conveniently located Park & Ride in Hütteldorf, which offers reasonably priced parking spaces. Please note that the SK Rapid Garage next to the stadium is booked up.
- The SK Rapid Season Ticket acts as a valid travel card on Bundesliga home match days in Wiener Linien Zone 100 and the S-Bahn.
- Next to the Allianz Stadium (beside the huge club crest adorning the stadium entrance) you'll find generous storage space for bicycles.
- A good alternative for travelling to and from the stadium is provided by our Team Partner UBER.