The Allianz Stadium – the most modern stadium in Austria
The new stadium built on the site of the 1977 West Stadium, later renamed the Gerhard-Hanappi-Stadium, continues to take shape and will be completed for the start of the 2016/2017 season. The following are some of the new stadium’s key parameters:
- capacity of 28,500 for domestic league games;
- of which 2000 are business and VIP seats.
- The stadium boasts 41 corporate boxes plus two event boxes each with a spacious 87 square meters.
- In comparison with the old Hanappi Stadium the new Allianz Stadium will be turned 90° in line with the original plans drawn up by Gerhard Hanappi.
- The new main/VIP stand will be situated on the west flank of the stadium; the man home stand commonly referred to as the “Block West” shifting to the south.
- The cost of the building work, including the demolition of the Hanappi Stadium, has been calculated at 47.5 million euros.
- The budget for the entire project, including legal and registration fees, numerous compulsory reports, building regulations compliance and a contingency, has been set at 53 million euros.
- The corner of the north and east stands will be the section for visiting supporters, and will provide an approach for away busses and coaches. A private fenced area will be made available for the said coaches, with an access tunnel directly into the away section.
- In contrast to the Hanappi Stadium, the corners will be closed and offer seating – increasing capacity whilst minimising noise pollution for local inhabitants.
- The Allianz Stadium will be a single tiered ground.
The Allianz Stadium meets all criteria stipulated by UEFA in Category 4 and is therefore entitled to host international matches.